CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON TO GET GREAT IDEAS FOR YOUR OPEN HOUSE.
S SHOW NOTES below- complete with links and resources
What is Tech Tuesday?
Personalized and Responsive PD
JUST FOR YOU!
- After school PD for teachers
- Different formats: Face to face, blended ( online and face to face), speed dating, ETC
- When: Tuesdays from 3-5 pm ( exceptions...check master schedule)
- Where: Main Floor lab
- What do I get out of Tech Tuesday?
Besides: learning in a variety of formats at your own pace; you will have opportunities to delve deep into tech integration ideas, tools and resources as well as earning PDPs and/or Salary Credits
Tech Tuesday #1 Topic
Preparing for your Open House
Using Technology to encourage Parent-Teacher communication
Tips for Open House
1.Place QR codes around the room that will link to a media project or survey etc
For parents who can not make the Open House: send a link to the presentation through remind or a QR code
Education uses: Daring Librarian: Open House Ideas
2. Data collection: Google Forms:about their Child survey, parent survey, volunteer signup etc ( sign up genius too)
3. Create a media presentation linked to a QR code using( iMovie, AudioBoom, or any other application for kids to create a welcome letter to their parents..you then can have your parents create an encouraging response!
4. Create or revise an already existing Google Slides presentation: Make it interactive!
5. Create an Open House Padlet Wall for your Parents:
6. Have kids upload selfies with messages and goals for their parents to see ( You only need one iPad to do this so no worries) Parents can respond by adding their own selfies or encouraging messages to the class.
7. To give your parents a feel for the wonderful interactive lessons you create for their child, use Padlet as a Backchannel (A real-time online conversation) so if parents wanted to post a comment or question while you were presenting or while they were walking around the room, they could via: A Padlet wall.
8. Create an interactive AnswerGarden which is a minimalistic feedback tool. Use it for real-time audience participation, online brainstorming and classroom feedback. The answers create a growing word cloud which you can print and display for your students the next day!
9. Create an Open House Gallery Walk: QR codes around the room
10. Create a Remind account:Remind
11. Create a Kahoot : You can quiz your parents on Kahoot. Warning: it will be fun and LOUD! On your presentation...prizes optional fun is not!
12. Create a PollEverywhere survey. Using their cell phones, have the parents take a quick survey on www.polleverywhere.com.
13. Update or Create a Weebly website with Parent Resources. If you want to fancy it up, you can embed your Remind or Google Calendar or both into your Weebly Website.
Read the fine details and sign-up now!